The new myHummy mobile app
Download the app on your smartphone and see how easy it is to remotely operate the Humming Heart.
With the myHummy mobile app you can:
- Switch the sound device on and off
- Select your preferred sound - there are 5 types of white noise to choose from, which resemble: a hairdryer, vacuum cleaner, sea waves, rainfall, and amniotic fluid with a heartbeat.
- Change the volume level
- Set the timer - the timer can be set for a maximum of 12 hours. At the end of the pre-set time the volume will gradually fade out.
- Enable and disable the Sleep Sensor - When enabled, the Humming Heart will enter standby mode after the sound has faded. The sound will resume again if the baby begins to cry or if any other noise is detected in the baby’s environment. An alert message is sent to the phone each time the sound resumes.
- Use Alarm mode - when the Humming Heart detects a noise, the app will play the pre-selected alarm sound on your smartphone. If the Humming Heart is already playing sounds when your baby cries, or another sound is detected, the app will also activate the alarm. (NB: Alarm mode works withing Bluetooth range)
- Baby Monitor mode - Use Baby Monitor mode to send notifications to a phone when baby wakes up, even when white noise is not on (within Bluetooth range).
Please check that Bluetooth is activated on your phone. To activate Bluetooth on your phone, refer to your phone’s instruction manual.
To download the MyHummy application for an Android device, please follow this link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.myhummy.world.SzumisieAndroid To download the MyHummy application for an iPhone, please follow this link: https://itunes.apple.com/pl/app/myhummy-szumisie/id1230065804?mt=8
After installing our app on your phone, open the app by clicking the app’s icon on your phone screen. Before using the app, turn off the Humming Heart so that it does not produce any sound. On your phone check that Bluetooth is turned on. In order to enable communication between the app and the Humming Heart, you must first pair both devices. Usually the pairing procedure only needs to be done once, but you won't be able to use the app until the pairing is completed successfully. Instructions on how to pair the devices are provided below. Once the devices are successfully paired you can start controlling the Humming Heart from the app using the full range of functions (listed above).
To perform the pairing procedure, open the app and choose the “MyHummy” icon from the starting screen. Click anywhere on the screen and a display will pop-up telling you to go to the device pairing screen. You can access it directly by clicking on the ‘B+’ icon in the top right corner of the app. With the Humming Heart turned off (silent), click the multifunction button three times to begin pairing the devices. After approximately 30 seconds the Humming Heart and your phone will be paired. You can now start controlling the Humming Heart using the app on your phone.
The connection range of Bluetooth technology (especially the “low energy” version used in MyHummy) is limited by two factors: the construction materials used in the building and, the proximity of other electronic devices around you. To find out the Bluetooth range in your vicinity, look for the teddy bear icon located in the middle of the top bar of our app: green indicates that your connection is active; gray indicates that your connection is not active.
The myHummy application only works with the latest model of the Humming Heart. This is a green heart-shaped sound box with a white bear’s face on the front. If this is not what your sound device looks like and you would like to upgrade to the app compatible version, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Humming Heart can be connected to as many phones as you want. However, the Humming Heart will only work with one phone at a time. To control the Humming Heart from a given phone, ensure that the app is not running simultaneously on any other phone within the vicinity.
The sound device features Bluetooth® Low Energy. It emits 2000 times less power than a mobile phone featuring GSM 900MHz and 1000 times less than a phone featuring GSM 1800 MHz. According to current research, the use of Bluetooth® LE is considered safe for the health of children. Bluetooth connectivity is also affected by materials used for wall construction and the proximity of other electronic devices. For best results, please test the specific conditions of the environment in which you will be using MyHummy to find out where the connection is strongest and where it is lost.
Please do not use the default Android Bluetooth devices list, instead just open our app and connect from inside the app!