Unless explicitly otherwise agreed below, the Defects liability law applies.
The limitation period for the assertion of warranty claims is basically 2 years.
However, different terms apply in the following exceptional cases:
If the subject of the contract to act is in accordance to:
– Swedish law, the limitation period is 3 years
– Icelandic law, the limitation period is 5 years
– Irish law, the limitation period is 6 years.
The limitation period for defects claim in Austria, Belgium, the Czech Republic, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Luxembourg, Poland, Portugal, Slovenia and Slovakia amounts to one year from the date of delivery of used goods.
The above limitations and reduced time limitations do not apply in the following cases to claims for damages caused by us, our legal representatives or vicarious agents:
– in injury to life, body or health
– with intentional or grossly negligent breach of duty as well as malice
– in case of breach of essential contractual obligations, the fulfillment of which enables the proper execution of the contract in the first place and on the compliance of which the contractual partner may regularly rely (cardinal obligations)
– within the framework of a guarantee promise, as far as agreed or
– as far as the scope of the respective national product liability law applies.